The PSE Tacoma LNG plant was constructed in the Port of Tacoma between the Hylebos and Blair waterways to serve as the TOTE Maritime fueling station and as a natural gas peak shaving facility. Sitts & Hill was involved in design of the ground improvement phase, the final site development phase, offsite improvements, and multiple other scopes.
• Civil / Survey / Landscape
• Collaborated with Chicago Bridge and Iron, the LNG Plant designer
• Collaborated with GeoEngineers, the geotechnical engineering consultant
• Seven construction document packages
• Construction duration: 2016-2021