Entry Structural Engineer
Sitts & Hill Engineers, Inc., a client-driven and employee focused engineering and architectural firm in Tacoma, WA is seeking a new graduate to join our team. The ideal candidate would possess an the interest in developing structural engineering skills to support our Senior Structural Engineers and Architects in design of industrial and commercial projects.
- Minimum of B.S. in Civil Engineering
- No experience necessary
- Produce Structural Calculations using 3D modeling programs consistent with instruction, industry guideline and standards and practices.
- Annotate, dimension and detail 2D production drawings.
- Interface with engineers and clients to coordinate BIM modeling content and delivery. Note we are willing to train these skills.
- Prepare project deliverables for client submissions.
What is in it for you?
- Learn building codes, permitting, specifications, building and engineering systems.
- Gain the ability to coordinate and develop drawing packages from concept through construction within 2 years of date of employment.
- Joining a fast-paced, hands-on firm that strives to create a collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Interesting and challenging projects.
- Opportunity to develop effective communication skills and interact professionally with clients, consultants, jurisdictions, and fellow employees.
- Full time, Monday-Thursday 9 hours, Friday 4 hours.
Sitts & Hill offers a strong benefit package that includes paid vacation and sick leave, excellent health insurance package, highly competitive 401k matching, and a generous bonus program. Hourly compensation is competitive, includes time and half over 40 hours worked per week, and is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you’re interested in bringing your talents to a very well established firm with great culture, professional independence, and low employee turnover, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.