Entry Civil Engineer
Sitts & Hill Engineers, Inc., a civil, structural, and land surveying firm in Tacoma, WA is seeking an Entry Civil Engineer with a minimum of 6 months experience in public and/or private civil engineering / infrastructure design including erosion control, grading, drainage, utilities, and general site development. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic and a desire to work on a wide variety of interesting and complex projects.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering, or related field, preferably from an ABET accredited college
- Registration as an Engineer In Training (E.I.T.)
- 6 months+ experience preparing civil engineering plans, specifications, technical reports, permit applications and/or cost estimates.
- Demonstrable proficiency with AutoCAD 2008+ and/or Civil 3D 2008+
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project
- Ability to help facilitate meeting deadlines and managed tasks in a fast-paced setting
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, well organized, with strong technical writing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Typical duties could include:
- Assist with the preparation of engineering plans, sections, profiles, and details
- Assist with the preparation of technical correspondence, cost estimates, reports, and specifications
- Design of utility systems and infrastructure in compliance with State and local municipality regulations
- Perform hydrologic and/or hydraulic calculations for water, sewer, and storm drainage applications
- Full time position
- Based on qualifications
- Profit sharing
- Competitive health benefits package
- Paid sick leave, vacation, and holidays
Interested candidates are requested to send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.