Crude Oil Unloading Facility - Tacoma, Washington
Sitts & Hill was hired by U.S. Oil & Refining to provide a full suite of surveying services related to the design and development of a Unit Train Offload and Crude Oil Handling Facility. In addition to providing a multitude of on-site surveying tasks, Sitts & Hill completed extensive off-site right-of-way research and mapping to support design of new rail systems required for optimization of the facility.
Our on-site and off-site surveying services in support of this project were as follows:
- Boundary survey of entire 126 acre facility
- Right-of-Way determination adjoining site
- Topographic mapping totaling over 20 acres, including adjoining right-of-way
- Extensive utility research and mapping
- High precision construction staking services, including 2,100 linear feet of rail, containment walls, underground utilities, site paving, mechanical systems, and structural supports for offload stations and extensive concrete foundation staking for rail beds