Clover Creek Elementary School - Frederickson, Washington
Sitts & Hill Engineers, Inc. was hired to provide Land Surveying and Civil Engineering services for the replacement of the existing Clover Creek Elementary School building with a new 667 student elementary school building on the 9 acre site for the Bethel School District. The design included separate site access and parking for buses and visitors which provided better supervision of pedestrian circulation during pick-up & drop-off activities. Other site improvements included utility provisions for 4 portable classrooms and separate paved, turfgrass and covered play areas. Utility improvements included the installation of a new on-site storm water system utilizing nine separate bio-retention "Rain garden" facilities and underground infiltration galleries. Other utility improvements included septic system, water system loop and extension of the Spanaway Water Co. system across the site. Phased coordination of construction activities were necessary as the existing school building was to remain occupied during the initial construction of the new school building.
Off-site Pierce County road improvements were required along two sides of the site. Permits Included: on- and off-site improvements, driveway permits, fire prevention, water system and water main extension permits.
The scope of work included:
- Providing a topographic survey and a utility review to determine the existing on and off site utility locations
- Surveying work included boundary, right of way dedications and easements
- Demolition of existing school building and other site improvements
- Site design, civil engineering, preparation of construction documents and specifications
- Civil improvements construction cost estimates for on- and off-site improvements
- Widening 36th Avenue East Street and Old Military Road including curb and gutter, sidewalk, and relocation of existing off-site utilities
- Providing all permitting submittal packages and tracking their progress through approval.
- Providing field verification and answering contractor's questions
- Providing the final punch list and verifying contract completion