CAD / BIM Technician
CAD / BIM Technician (structural / architectural)
Sitts & Hill Engineers, Inc., a civil, structural, and land surveying firm in Tacoma, WA is seeking a CAD /BIM Technician (structural / architectural) with a minimum of 2 years of experience in developing architectural / structural plans.
Minimum Experience / Skills Required:
- Demonstrable proficiency with AutoCAD 2016+ including usage of external reference files, layer states, complex layering systems, and interdisciplinary base files.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to read and understand engineering and architectural drawings.
- Understanding of building plan set structure and presentation
- Self-motivated, well organized, with solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to prepare high quality contract documents and specifications throughout the schematic, design development and construction document phases.
- Experience working on projects from start to finish.
- 5+ years of Autodesk Revit modeling.
- Working knowledge or experience with ArchiCAD.
- Passion to work on a variety of projects with varying size, scope, and complexity.
Typical duties could include:
- Preparation of engineering plans, sections, elevations, and details with input from engineers
- Setup and linking of base files for distribution to sub-consultants
- Preparation of record drawings from redlines
- Responsible for electronic organization and integrity of plans, including compliance with CAD standards
- Coordination with outside A/E firms for drawing requirements and standards
- Workload distribution within a CAD department to ensure deadlines are met
- CAD/BIM troubleshooting and procedure development
- Full time position (40 hours / week)
- Based on qualifications / experience
- Profit sharing for outstanding performance
- Competitive health benefits package
- Paid sick leave, vacation, and holidays
Interested candidates are requested to send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org