CAD / BIM Modeler
We are currently looking for a talented individual to serve as a BIM Modeler on our project design teams. This individual will create project deliverable 3D models and 2D drawings using Autodesk Revit as well as S&H suite of modeling tools. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable and passionate about BIM and associated technologies, passionate about building architectural and/or structural systems and is able to work in an independent and self-directed manner.
- Produce 3D models consistent with instruction, industry guideline and standards and practices.
- Ability to clearly annotate, dimension and detail 2D production drawings.
- Set up plan sheets, and develop elevations, sections, wall sections, etc..
- Manage/Maintain structural BIM / CAD files including folder organization, sheet sets, base files and layer states.
- Interface with engineers and clients to coordinate BIM modeling content and approaches, model exchanges, quality control, and delivery.
- Prepare and review project deliverables for client submissions.
- Assist with creation of 3D virtual tours and movies.
- A minimum of an Associate (2-year) degree in a relevant field of design is required. A Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction disciplines is preferred but not required.
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in 3D BIM/CADD, and experience.
- Knowledge of the following software platforms is preferred: Navisworks, Revit, Archicad, Twinmotion, Artlantis, 3D Vista.
- Strong computer, technical and communication skills are essential and required.
- Extremely detail-oriented with recognition of the importance of clear, concise, consistent documentation.
- Working knowledge of drawing production, standard construction techniques and principles.
What is in it for you?
- Full time, Monday-Thursday 9 hours, Friday 4 hours
- Time and a half for greater than 40 hours in a workweek
- Longevity, average tenure of CAD staff 20+ years
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401k Plan
- Paid time off, sick leave, Vacation and Holidays
- Professional development assistance
Sitts & Hill provides Engineering and Architectural design on projects of every size and level of complexity. We are looking for a person to support our industrial, structural and architectural projects from new industrial plants to small-scale specialty structures. The talents and skills of our people are at the core of our business.
Interested candidates are requested to send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org